Can i take my four month old daughter camping this summer

Ive always been camping...since i could remember...my older kids have too..i just recently had a little girl who is two months now....but ive never gone with an infant....at four months of age.....

Angela W.

Asked by Angela W. at 2:47 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as she is healthy, then it is safe to take her camping. Just bring along a few essentials to help keep her entertained and safe.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I took my 2 month old last summers and we had no problems.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• No reason to not take her. :-) Obviously if you are thinking about it you are aware of the extras she requires. If you are concerned though double check with her pediatrician at her next check up or place a call.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 2:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I can't imagine why you couldn't take her.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We use to take our two sons to the lake to fish and camp. They were six months old at the time. Just make sure you keep them out of the sun and away from any insects.
    pjackson01

Answer by pjackson01 at 3:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• if she's healthy and you're up to the challenge of spending a couple days away from the comforts of home, i dont see any reason why you couldnt or wouldnt.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 3:13 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I took my twins camping that early. It was fun but hot. Just bring everything to make things comfortable.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• For me it depends on your idea of camping. My husband likes to go primitive - no running water, catch your food and sleep under the stars. I would never take an infant to camp like that (I don't even like going myself!). Normal camping, though, I think would be just fine. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:58 PM on May. 22, 2011

• as long as its not too cold at night i dont see why not we took my 6 month old daughter camping the beginning of may and she loved it
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 6:29 PM on May. 23, 2011