Buying clothes for taller children...

My dd is 10. In the waist, she can wear a girls 8. But they're WAY too short. For the length to be correct, she wears a girls 12. However, they are WAY too baggy on her! She can step right out of them! A girls 10 is just wrong in both ways... Too short and too loose... So, I'm certain I'm not the only one with this problem... Where can you find clothes for taller girls?

I'm lost with the category (AGAIN) so I put it in General Parenting... Sorry if this is incorrect!!!

CeeCee333

Asked by CeeCee333 at 2:58 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried an 8 Tall? or a 10 Tall and Slim?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:04 PM on May. 22, 2011

• how tall? i was exactly 5'6 when i was 10 and i started shopping in the teen section for pants....and hot topic >.> but i was also 180 pounds so the teen pants size 10 fit me fine
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 3:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My son is tall and skinny. He's 9 1/2 and wears a 12 for length but his waist is still an 8 (he has shorts that are 8s that he still wears). We just always buy adjustable for him or he has to wear a belt. But boys prefer baggy clothes so them being loose isn't an problem for him.
    My oldest daughter has some of the same issues except she isn't tall. She's just skinny as heck. I laugh because even her skinny jeans are loose on her. She's almost 11 and wears an 8 for length but can still fit into a 5 or 6 in her waist. We buy her 8 slims (she's slowly moving into 10s now for length) and HAVE to get adjustable or they fall off of her. The elastic has to be taken all the way in to stay on her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:16 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Wow! Not that tall! She's 4'10" and 80 pounds. She JUST turned 10, too...

My dd can't stand the adjustable waist, because you have to bring it in all the way, and it bunches the material. She doesn't like it :( I don't blame her, though. I wouldn't like it, either! LOL
    CeeCee333

Comment by CeeCee333 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Have you tried a womans size 0?

Answer by gemgem at 3:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm afraid she doesn't quite have the hips, yet... We're at a really awkward point here! LOL I'll try that, though! Maybe we can make 0's work... Thanks for the suggestion! :)
    CeeCee333

Comment by CeeCee333 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Had the same issue with my son ... he was tall but bony. I think I made the fatal error of buy him workout pants. OMG! I couldn't get him into jeans after that. *sigh*

If the 8s fit except for the length, what about adding something cute on the cuffs or do the roll up thing? I guess that would only work with the jeans, but it would make for some original outfits. Sorry, not much help I guess ...

Good luck!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:33 PM on May. 22, 2011

• OMG, you just described my daughter! She can still wear a size 8 in waist, but for length, she needs 12/14. She's also 1 inch from being 5ft tall! And she's also 10.

Please let me know if you find a place that has jeans yours can wear!

Also, I can't stand the kids' jeans at this point. They are SO TIGHT that you can see EVERY curve! My 10 year old does NOT need to look "sexy"!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:42 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I feel you but my dd is 2 so the problem isn't that bad yet. She's 2 yr old. Her waist is a size 12-18mths but her length is a tall 2 or 3. So her clothes is either bunched up at the waist from having to use the adjustable waist clothings or too short lol. When she gets older I'm gonna have q big problem
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 7:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Honestly the junior's 0 or 00 might work the best,If you look at the stuff for teen girls no hips required for most of it. I was 5'1 and 100lbs when I was 10 and never had any luck with the larger girls sizes so I just went straight to a juniors size 3. If you insist on children's clothing I'd try to find stuff with drawstrings.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 2:13 PM on May. 23, 2011