Do you think everyone knows?

that when starting the question and answer section that they need to go and change their settings to get notified for best answer and such?

I wasn't getting notifications of when someone would chose my answer as best answer at first and had to go into the my profile area and change these settings;

My Preferences

Off On Obscenity Filter Common curses will be hidden from questions and answers within the Answers section.
Off On Message Opt-out No automatic PMs or emails will be sent to the user from within the Answers section.
Off On Change Default Setting for Answer Notifications "Email me whenever someone answers this question" will be unchecked by default for your new questions.

and I was just wondering if anyone else had to change any of these also or if they haven't yet and didn't know about it.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:08 PM on May. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I had to change mine to not get these things. I just look on my answers profile and send thank yous for best answers that way.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think it all depends on whether or not you were using answers or maybe even a member of CM before they added those options. I've never had to turn on the notifications, but I was around before the options were. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I have never had to change anything and got my notifications?

Answer by gemgem at 3:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Same here I never did that but I get all the notifications anyway.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 3:18 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I never had to change anything either, bust make sure it was selected when asking the questions....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• well maybe it was just me then like everything else. sorry
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• You can look at "My Transcript" in your profile. If you were selected as "Best Answer" it will appear in your Transcript.
    The settings only work for obscene content, blocking PMs, and weather you want emails communicating that someone has answer to your post. Doesn't say anything about cafemom messages sent to you.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:40 PM on May. 22, 2011