Have you had to turn on?

your air conditioner yet? How long have you had to have it on?---This is for people that DON'T live in a hot climate area and use an air conditioner year round

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:12 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am in Michigan and I have had mine blowing for a couple weeks.I am 9 months pregnant though, and sweat no matter how cold I make my family. LMAO.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:53 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yes. I started using it about three weeks ago, then it turned cold again, so I switched back to heat. There have actually been times lately where I have the heat on at night and run the air during the day. This weather is insane! Last year at this time, it has been hot for about a month.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:15 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We turned ours on 3 weeks ago. It was in the high 80's for two weeks. Then we had it off for the past week because it rained all week and the highs were in the 60's. It is on again. We live in Colorado.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:15 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We haven't used ours yet but its usually only in the 70s and 80s, we've had a few days with 90s and one with 100 but with fans and opening the windows during the cooler parts of the days we've been fine without it. It also has helped keeping the curtains closed during the hottest times of day.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 3:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Had our on before Easter! It is hot in Alabama
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:22 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Turned mine on today. It wasn't hot really but everyone (kids too) was getting B*tchy and cooler temps is an easy calm down.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yes. We turned ours on the first week of May, then it got cold and the heat came back on, and now we are back to having the air on. Gotta love Oklahoma weather. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:29 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Ours is on now but I'm hoping later in the week we can just open the windows.

We had it on two weeks ago and then had the furnace on last week! LOL
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 3:34 PM on May. 22, 2011

• ChristmasIver, I hear you- here in Central VA that is my problem, too.

We had on the A/C a month or so ago for a few hours, and have had an odd afternoon or so, but the weather has stayed really nice and we are glad to have not needed more than a fan at night or in the window in the evening yet.

I miss having all of the windows and doors open once the A/C comes on for the summer, though!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 3:36 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We considered it last night but decided to wait. We live in Southern New England and the humidity after a week of rain was horrendous!

Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:38 PM on May. 22, 2011