What would you say to a person?

that stuck their nose in your business and starting going off on you for something when they were not asked for their opinion and it didn't have anything to do with them? How would you react or say?

if it was family?

if it was a friend?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:32 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• OMG - when did you meet my MIL? LOL In her case I told her I would live my life the way I wanted and if I ever wanted her advice I would ask for it. I had tried to be nice for years, but she never got the hint until I flat out told her to mind her own business.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:35 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Depends who it was...I wouldn't allow it with anyone but my reaction would be different if it was a friend or family member vs a stranger....
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:33 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Tell them the truth (logically) and move on.... Usually it is their character defects speaking and alot of them aren't even aware of what they are doing or saying....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 3:34 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Depends on what it was about. If it was something serious I would say what I always do "Who pulled your chain chatty Kathy? Oh? No one? Then please mind your own business mmkay?" And it doesnt matter if its family or not. I treat busy bodies the same.

Answer by gemgem at 3:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I usually say something like "Yeah, I know how I'll handle it already, but thanks" or if they're particularly nasty about it "well bless your heart" lmao.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Depends on MMOTD but if I hadn't asked them their opinion I probably wouldn't listen long to theirs.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Well I would say first off I wasn't talking to you and second of all its not your business....that's the problem with people they stick their nose in other peoples affairs and it makes me so mad.
    I use to be real quiet but not now i say whats on my mind and I mind my own business. Now it would be different if you asked this person is openion but to just bud in....NOT> I have a cousin like that so when the family get's together, I stay away because I know I will say something to him and ruin the party.....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would politely tell them that it is not their business and that I do not care to discuss the matter with them, and then I would change the subject. If they don't take that 'hint' and drop the matter then I would tell them point blank that I neither asked for or want their opinion and they need to back off and leave me alone.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My mother stuck her nose where she shouldn't have. I don't speak to my mother anymore. Its years worth of things my mother did to make me quit talking to her, but this last thing she did was unacceptable.

It really depends on who, and what they did
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:49 AM on May. 23, 2011

• LMAO scout_mom no was referring to my sil and mil
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on May. 22, 2011