UGH!!! MEN!!!

So...I work full time. SO is out of work right now. He stays home with the kids. They get out and do a lot of stuff though. Anyway, yesterday they went out with his parents hiking while I worked. Today is my day off and we've been planning on doing something just us today for about 3-4 days. We just never said what. We just said we'd get rid of kids and do something. Well his truck broke down yesterday and today is the only day his dad would be able to help him fix it. So he said it would only take a couple hours. So he left early. He shows up a few hours later with his dad and asks if I'm ready. I'm like for what? He said let's go out on the boat with dad....no offense to his dad but we do a lot with them and he spent the whole day yesterday with him. Today was suppose to be our day. So I got pissy and said I'll just stay home. He said he thought I wanted to do something and I said I did but that's not what I had in mind. So he said ok and left. An hour later his mom shows up and asks if I want to go fishing. I said I told Bryan an hour ago that I didn't and I explained to her that no offense to them but I kinda wanted to spend some alone time with him. She said she didnt really wanna go anyway but would have gone if I was going.

Anyway, just a rant....maybe I'm being a baby and should've just taken the time I could get with him even if others were around but I feel like I have a lot to catch up on housework and will do that since I can't be alone with him.....

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 3:40 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I can definitely understand why you stayed home instead of going with a group of people, you wanted some alone time with your SO. I'd have done the same. Sorry it didn't work out this time for you, hoping next time he understand how important it is for you.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• To add to it, his mom called to say that neither of us wanted to go but that my daughter did and they had already left!!! She was like well what if we did wanna go? You invite us then leave? They said we could've met them at the lake..Yea...the last time we did that we sat at the dock for an hour waiting for them to see us and come over to pick us up.....ugh
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 3:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• You should have asked for a minute alone, then explain nicely that you really wanted some alone time with him. Then kiss him softly and say "later you are all mine! Deal???" I bet he would be in total agreement with that reply and you will get some quality time with your hubby.

marylandmom51

Answer by marylandmom51 at 3:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It doesn't get dark until 9 here now...so we'd have been on the boat until 8:30 then he's always so tired...we'd have come home ate dinner and he'd have passed out in recliner until I wake him up around 10:30 to go to bed....I'm just really frustrated right now. He knows that I don't have friends here cause I'm new and that I don't know my way around that well yet and I am just not the type that likes to go out and do stuff alone. He on the other hand wants more time alone to get out and do stuff in the woods. I like to do stuff in the woods but not alone. So, when him and I don't do stuff together, I spend my day at home alone while he goes out and has his time. I hate it. I dont wanna be selfish. It's not his fault I dont have friends and dont like to do stuff alone but at the same time, he could do that stuff while I'm at work instead of on my days off. Now I don't know when my next day off will be.
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 3:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• yes I understand completely and I agree.. Men can be so clueless sometimes, its ridiculous!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:02 PM on May. 22, 2011