How many of you are are going to use/currently use cloth diapers?

trying cloth diapers for the first time with baby number 3 (due in July). Is anyone a cloth diaperer? How is it working? any tips or advice? What brands do you use? I'm curious to know your opinions. Thanks.

Wonderland12777

Asked by Wonderland12777 at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used them with my son (who is now potty trained) and would definitely use them with another child. My best advice is to try multiple brands. Some aren't that good, or they aren't the right fit/absorbancy for your baby, but they may work for someone else while a different brand works for you.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 2:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• ME! i part time cloth diaper.. when I'm out and about i use disposable. I use the pocket diapers they are AWESOME! um the best tip i can offer is if you dont have a removable shower head get one or one of those sprayers that attach to the toilet.. it a life saver when it comes to Poohey diapers. If you have any questions just ask i used to work at a cloth diaper store :D

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:03 PM on May. 22, 2011

• thank you! I did get the sprayer thingy (I bought bumgenius and Flip brand diapers. They have had great reviews andtey are one size. Here's a question: what detergent is best/cheapest? I am having trouble deciding what I should or shouldn't use. I bought Bumgenius detergent but it's pricey...
    Wonderland12777

Comment by Wonderland12777 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Unless our baby has an allergy, I imagine we'll use disposable. My sister, who is five years younger than I, was unable to wear disposable, and had to wear cloth. My mom soaked them in our commode. (At the time our house only had one!) I accidentally flushed one, and she had to dig it out. Yeah, that's enough of an arguement for me to not to use them! Kudos to those of you brave enough to!!
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 1:59 PM on May. 23, 2011