IPOD question

Hi! I just bought my first IPOD (IPOD classic) and I saw in the instructions that I can either synch it to my computer or load it manually (?). If I synch it to my computer, I can only add to it at that address, but if I synch it manually, I can use it with any computer.

Am I understanding this correctly? My thinking is that someday we will move and have a different IP address, and I don't want to re-load our entire music library. Is it hard to load it manually if you've never done it before? I would call myself an intermediate level computer user.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Karen

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 3:52 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Technology

• You are syncing it from your computer no matter what.  It doesn't matter which computer you use, either, because you can have the same playlists on every computer using Homeshare.  You can have iTunes authorized for up to 5 computers.  You can choose to have it automatically add songs, like from playlists, or you can decided what do add to it - that is what 'manually' means.  I always manage the disc space and add things manually.  You can find a lot more info/help at ilounge.com.

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 4:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Thank you so much for the info and the link! I am excited about my new toy.
    Iamgr8teful

Comment by Iamgr8teful (original poster) at 4:28 PM on May. 22, 2011