Why are some of you so mean on here?

I became a member to connect with other moms and get ideas to see if the choices i make are like other mothers. The funny thing to me is you when you answer so rude or bash some people you dont have the balls to show who you are because you answer or ask anonymously. Dont be ashamed of what you have to say just be real. But i guess you are the ones were prolly asking about. I teach my kids think before you speak. Im just saying if you have to pick apart every little thing on here i feel sorry for what really goes on with your kids you prolly are mean to them and pick them apart to. MEAN PEOPLE SUCK...

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 3:57 PM on May. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Not all of us are mean....Hi...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 11:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• While I understand your frustrations, the people who you are talking about probably do not recognize themselves in your post. There are a lot of people who say that "I'm just telling it like it is" and do not realize that they are being 'mean'.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:59 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Feel better now? I don't answer anonymously. I stand behind what I type. We aren't mean or rude simply because we disagree with you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree with you...MEAN PEOPLE DO SUCK!! My mom taught me if I did not have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• What's "mean" to you might not be "mean" to someone else. Some people easily get their panties in a wad, and others are capable of letting things roll off their back. Perhaps you should try for the latter?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• First off, learn internet etiquette. Typing in all caps means you are SCREAMING at people. It's rude and lacking in manners.

The Questions section of Cafemom gets much more rude responses, IMHO, because most questions are easily answered with a quick Google search, so about half of the questions are already stamped with a "too stupid to Google." People get disgruntled when askers can't bother to look something up and then come here to have their asses wiped for them.

Secondly, don't get pissed off if people disagree with you or provide a different opinion. It doesn't mean that they're mean.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree simply disagreeing isn't being mean or rude and sometimes is taken that way.

I don't think that is what is being addressed in this question/post. I do believe that there are some that are truly just out and out rude and feel that since these are "faceless" transactions they can say/post hateful things.

On the other end... there are some that are overly sensitive. It is a fine line sometimes.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 4:10 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I am so sorry you were bashed, I see that you are new around here, focus on the nice moms here there a lot of them and ignore the rest, give the site another try, the good ones outnumber the bad ones. Hugs.

Answer by older at 4:25 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I have answered some of your posts but non anonymously so I am sorry if you dont like my answers. I think alot of times we ask questions not realizing there will be all sorts of answers coming from people because we are literally from different backgrounds, states, even countries, with different educations, and life experiences. You have to have a fairly thick skin to post anywhere online these days.
    And remember, some people might not be who they claim either. It says cafemom but for all you know the person behind the keyboard could be a man, kid, or some dork typing from his mommas basement trying to get a rise.

Answer by gemgem at 6:27 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It seems anymore if someone posts a question and ASK for advice immediately the OP becomes disgruntled because we didn't side with her. I don't know if age factors in but I really get tired of being open and honest and get voted down for it. Like you, I'm not here to bash or be mean but some are. Maybe we're their outlet and we're sparing their children?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:35 PM on May. 22, 2011