2 yo Burned hand on burner yesterday...

My 2yo son was at his grandparents yesterday and burned his hand on the burner. He has 2 decent sized blisters on his hand and finger and it's really red. They didn't take him to the ER or have anything on it when he was brought home.
Last night he screamed in pain, so I gave him some childrens advil and covered it in bandaids. This morning I put ointment on it, non stick gauze, and wrapped it in gauze for protection.
What am I wondering is, should I take him to the ER today, or wait & call the Dr tomorrow morning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can u put up a photo?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:07 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If he is in paid WITH BLISTERS.. HE OBVIOUSLY got burned pretty good. TAKE THAT BABY TO THE ER... BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY. Its neglect in my eyes the grandparents didnt take him and even more so when he came to you in pain and you are contemplating going and calling TOMORROW.
    Anonymous

• Minimally I would call the pediatrician for advice NOW. I can't imagine why grandparents didnt' do something..that's sad.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:32 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Ummm.....just buy some burn cream and bandage it well...that is all the ER will do. If you have great insurance than go ahead and take him in, but if you can do at home what they will do....just do it. People run to the ER for every little thing. It's a burn, it will heal.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:39 PM on May. 22, 2011

• :( do some research online and see what that says. If your ER visit is free go ahead but if it's going to cost you a bundle, research more and see what degree burn it is- you don't want to pay a bunch to be sent home with a printout about burns you could have found online.

I'd have something to say to the grandparents about that one.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:40 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I took care of him the way I was taught in nursing school. I kept an eye on it and what not. I have kept it bandaged and clean and blisters in tact. I will be calling the Ped in the morning unless when DH gets home and I have a car, I will take him to the ER.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:40 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If the blisters are intact there is nothing an ER will do for him.... have it looked at tomorrow.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:51 PM on May. 22, 2011