I need help

Im addicted to pills I take 3 pain killers a day and 2 lexapro and tylonel. I just upped it to the depression meds i have been doing this since 16 im 22 now and i need to quit but i cant by myself i talked to my ob/gyn the last time i was in and she wanted to see me again after she did some blood test so i have another apt with her on the 9th but im not sure what she is going to do to help me does anyone else have advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Health

• You've already got the first step ot of the way - admitting you have a problem. So, take a deep breath and pat yourself on the back for that one. Please remember that this can happen to anyone, and do not be ashamed to asked for help. If you don't feel comfortable with this doctor after your visit, then talk to a different one. I'm a big supporter of second, and third or fourth opinions. Also, if you have a relapse, don't give up! Just pick yourself up and try again. I am a cancer survivor, and spent 8 months on Percocets prescribed to me because of bone pain. It was hard for me to stop when the pain was through. If you ever need to talk, feel fre to pm me.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 9:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Well, she could be checking your liver to see if you have damaged it through drug abuse. If you have insurance she recommend you go to detox and let professionals help you through it. She could also, prescribe a different antidepressant along with another med to help you come off of the pain meds.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I would think that you should slowly wean yourself from them. Perhaps find other activities to get your mind off of them. Try exercise. I had a friend who was hooked on hydrocodone, for a long time. I know that she recently went to rehab, to help her with this problem. I don't know if there is something that is less potent than the ones you are taking.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2008