Is it really that bad that I'm giving my baby up for adoption? After all, I'm 16!

LuLu121

Asked by LuLu121 at 4:06 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Adoption

• no,not at all

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:07 PM on May. 22, 2011

• No do what you KNOW is best for you and YOUR baby. Dont let others tell you other wise only you can decide!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• No its not a bad decision. If you feel that you cant provide everything that your child needs and you want to provide him with a better life, then adopting him out is a awesome decision!
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 4:10 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Coming from one who was adopted, you are doing the right thing. My birth mother was sixteen when she gave me up. We met when I was in my late 20's I told her how wonderful my childhood had been. She was so happy to know that. There are so many options for adoption now that make it possible for you as the birth mother to meet the prospective parents and be involved. Good luck to you and follow your heart.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 4:12 PM on May. 22, 2011

• You do what you feel is best for you and that baby. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about your choices. There will be nay sayers whatever you decide.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:14 PM on May. 22, 2011

• no, it is your choice. I think it takes someone very mature and loving to do that. My mom was adopted and she has always said that she has a tremendous amount of respect for her bio mother.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• No not at all hunnie, i was 19 when i had my first baby but i was done with school now i am 22 & have 2 kids but anyways my real mother gave me to my dad when i was 18mths now i have a wonderful mother that my dad had met & wouldnt trade it for the world, but til this day i havent met my real mom one day i will..I think if u feel like ur baby will have a better life with someone else then so be it maybe u can do open adoption where u can still see that baby
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 5:32 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If you are making a decision fully informed of the effects of adoption loss on your child, yourself, your future children ~ then whatever choice YOU think is right is right. It is not a decision to be made lightly ~ it will effect you and your child forever. So please be sure that you are making an informed decision. Right now remember that you are your child's mother ~ the only mother. You have the same rights as any other mother until the relinquishment papers are signed. Do not make a final decision for adoption until your baby is born and you have time to meet him/her. It is not true that you will bond too much if you hold and take care of your baby after birth while in the hospital ~ You are already bonded. Right now your child is an abstract idea ~ it's a different thing entirely when they place your child in your arms!
    susie703

Answer by susie703 at 10:03 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think that you need to do what you feel would be best for the baby and for you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:15 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Bad? I wouldn't say it is bad or good; I do not know enough about your situation to have any informed opinion. I don't see how anyone can judge whether it is best for you or your child without knowing more details. I doubt most of the moms who have responded, except for Susie really understand how relinquishing a child affects a mom. Adoptees are affected in many different ways, some adoptees have good experiences, some bad.

I hope you educate yourself enough to fully understand how this decision will affect both you and your child for the rest of your lives. Your decision will likely impact you, your family and your child far more than you can ever imagine.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:17 AM on May. 23, 2011