predestination?

just wondering what you all think about it. we are having a bible study group on this and would like some thoughts on it... thanks :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Romans 8:29 For whom he did foerknow he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son that he might be the first born among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i'm sorry i don't get it can you get more in depth to this question?
    Anonymous

• i have over 10 different verses... im not looking for that im looking for people thoughts on it what they think about it. if you have a verse to go with it add it but i want to know what people think.

Anonymous

• okay God is all knowing and he has already choosen people into heaven so where does that leave everyone else.... and if he is all knowing do we really have free will... questions along that line. and if you have any other thoughts feel free to add them.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but most christians opinions come from what the bible says on it. If it says we were predestinated then what's toquestion about? Or maybe I do not understand what you want to know about predestination.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Perhaps God already knows the spirit you have. He knows what you're going to do but he is going to let you make that decision on your own. Just like your children. You know their personality and you know what they are going to do before they do it. But you just let them make their own decison.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I think a lot of Christian struggle with this because I hear a lot of oh we were just puppets to God then.. we really don't have free will if he is all knowing... how can he be a loving God and knowingly send all these people to hell... he sacrifices people (evil i guess) to build up these chosenfew...  how is that justice? my friend is big on this lol. I'm not really sure what I think I want to start looking into this to... so I cant wait to see the answers!

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• God does not send anyone to hell. We send ourselves. If he is telling to turn from sin and if you refuse he is not going to make you obey.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Many of us blame God for things we do to ourselves. In his word he has told us not to do certain things but we do it anyway. And when it time to pay the consequnces we blame him. I do not think its fair.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• See I have to disagree if my child is going to harm themselves I will try my hardest to stop them! I wouldn't just sit and watch them destroy themselves and say well that'swhat they want okay. If God told me they were going to hell I wouldn't be able to say okay... I would try my hardest to get them to see they truth and into heaven.

Anonymous