Is their any careers out their that I can do that are honorable without a high school diploma

I didn't get my high school diploma because of circumstances out of my control. I have thought about going to school again but I'm 38 and I've always had a hard time with school . academically I swear I'm delayed and have a low IQ. Everyone tells me that it's because of what happened to me as a kid and that it's my parents fault,if they had been loving and got me help I wouldn't be in my situation. You see I'm very shy and have a hard time with people in general,and I need to be shown things repetitivly to understand something. But I do have a problem with long term memory and grasping what I'm being taught. What do they do for people who can't get through school,but really want a job,and a good life? I can function as a mom,and wife,and hold down pretty much any job,I'm just lacking in the brains department. I'm embarrased about it big time and feel so stupid and feel like I should just give up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on May. 22, 2011 in

• are u good with your hands/ are u a crafty person ? if u have any hobbies you could possibly turn it into a career.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:55 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Not really...nothing you can just walk into...anything you will have to work your way from the bottom.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm not a crafty person at all... =[ My daughter has more skills in her hands than I ever will. Seriously!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I was told cna's can get in the door without a degree and or a high school diploma,but I'm just not a people person.
    Anonymous

• You can work at a factory. Alot of people do that without a diploma.

Answer by gemgem at 5:03 PM on May. 22, 2011

• factory work, housecleaning in a motel.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:04 PM on May. 22, 2011

• are you a child person or do you just get along with your children and the ones in your extended family?i ask this because maybe you might consider doing some daycare or babysitting for extra money.you don't need a high school diploma and i know of many ladies out there that have started a small daycare or babysitting service.good luck and i hope everything will work out for you!
    elzingah36

Answer by elzingah36 at 5:05 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My mom was 36 when she got her GED, she always had trouble testing and was so worried. She took night classes and was actually a star student and got one of the highest scores on the test. If it's something you really want, you should at least give it a try. It's very tough to get in the door or even get respect once you are there if you don't have a basic degree. Cleaning houses would probably be the most profitable if you're any good at it. You set your price and schedule, depending on your location you could make wuite a bit of money.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 5:09 PM on May. 22, 2011

• CNA's need a highschool diploma at least and it's hard nowadays to just get into it and they dont make much money at all...where i live I would make mayb $10/hr and that's if I was lucky and with a certificate already which only take a month and $500 to get here...but still not much money
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 5:09 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Any job is honorable if you are supporting your family.
    However, I would suggest calling your local library or career center to inquire about your GED.
    Most classes/tests are free and they will help your study and learn the material.
    AaronsMom79

Answer by AaronsMom79 at 5:12 PM on May. 22, 2011

Next question in
Online college

Next question overall (About CafeMom)
If you have the recat option