Expecting Twins... what are your thoughts on breastfeed & breastpump???

Hi my name is kat...im expecting twins...i am only about 10weeks...After they are born i would like to breastfeed & breastpump but ive never used breastpump...i would like to do both...what can u tell me to better prepare me with my decisions... my first child was mix feed because i think i wasnt producing enough n she was biting me...she was also on soymilk all the way...me breastfeeding her did not last =(...im not sure what i did wrong...but i think i need to be more persistent with my next babies... i would like to do my best in giving them breastmilk for as long as i can...pls advice...ty so much ladies ^_^

jkkpotters

Asked by jkkpotters at 5:05 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My daughter had twins 13 years ago and breast fed them for over a year. WHen she went back to work in the evening .doing cake decorating for a major grocery store chain, she pumped and left a few bottles for her DH to feed them. SHe had no problem.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:09 PM on May. 22, 2011

• minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:12 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I breastfeed my twins until they were 3 months old. I used the Medela Hands Free breast pump. It worked better the stationary one I rented from the hospital. Honestly, I found pumping, trying to feed two babies and run a household too much work so I didn't do for very long. However, it is doable. I wish you luck with your twins.
    rkwirant

Answer by rkwirant at 5:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I bottle fed mine after pumping did not work, they were preemies and could not suck at all.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 5:23 PM on May. 22, 2011

• The hospital-grade pumps that you can rent are a bit more quiet than the electric double pumps that you can purchase.

Look into having your Pediatrician write a prescription for a breast-pump, then your insurance will pick up the cost if it covers "durable medical equipment."

Really, there is no reason to pump unless you're going to be away from your babies. But there is "peace of mind" of having a stock of milk in the freezer "just in case."
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• wow ty all so much for your advice n input... i will definely put all of it in mind...ill try n get one from the hospital since its more quiet...i will be at home but would like to make sure that i have some in the fridge so that my hubby can have the experiece of feeding our babies n having some just in case is always good... i will try my best to breastfeed both babies for as long as i can...i hope it all goes well...ty so much ladies... appreciate much...^_^ thank you n godbless ^_^
    jkkpotters

Comment by jkkpotters (original poster) at 3:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• @minnesotanice...wow...didnt know breastpumps cost that much...its crazy...but thank you for the input/link... appreciate the help...^_^
    jkkpotters

Comment by jkkpotters (original poster) at 3:42 PM on May. 25, 2011