I seriously hate cleaning! Are christian wives and mothers suppose to LOVE CLEANING

My house is tidy, but some days I just want to hire a maid.. I can hear all the woman gasp that a sahm would want a maid.. some days i want a maid. But for now I will settle with bitching and complaining. and goes to put away clothes:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Well, I'm a Christian wife, and I'll tell you straight up, I'd much rather read a good book or play on cafemom. I understand wanting a maid. You husband should help with some chores. You take care of the kids and have little adult conversation during the day. He can help. Our husbands are called to love us... and one way of showing us love is changing diapers and helping with the dishes!
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 5:14 PM on May. 22, 2011

• No religion is going to make you love cleaning - if it could I would convert in a heartbeat! LOL There is nothing wrong with wanting to hire a maid, if we had the extra money I know I would love to have one.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Hire a maid. You deserve a break!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:44 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I thought it was Stepford Wives who love to clean???
    It has nothing to do with religion!!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:46 PM on May. 22, 2011

• my crazy mil says Christian wives and mother should Love cleaning. Its pleases christ when you keep a good home.. her loco words not mine
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'd love to have a maid, or at least someone come 1x a week lol!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:54 PM on May. 22, 2011

• When I was a SAHM I definitely wanted a maid sometimes. Now that I work 40 hours a week I want one even more. I don't think most women LOVE to clean... If you were raised with cleaning as a part of your daily activities then it is rather easy. (I have friends with OCD moms who are habitually tidy.) Otherwise, you, like most of us, have to work on it. Your MIL might be one of those women that doesn't mean that because you are a different person doesn't mean you aren't a good christian wife.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 10:38 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It's hard to keep everything clean. It's crazy when you just finish cleaning and your child goes behind you and takes it all apart. I think not loving to clean is human.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

Answer by KristinRox 56 minutes ago

-------------------------------------
    GOOD answer! That is so true!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:16 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I hope not because I an a terrible house keeper!

MamaSin-dRN

Answer by MamaSin-dRN at 5:37 AM on May. 23, 2011