If you saw these on a 44yo woman what would you think?

My sister (who is 10 years younger than I) and I have constant arguments because I think she looks trashy now. She has 5 tattoos and 4 of them are visible when she wears capris and sandals (she just posted pics of them on her Facebook so I snagged them). I REFUSE to go anywhere with her unless she has long pants and shoes covering them because I think she looks trashy so we haven't gone out because she refuses to cover up. What would you think if you saw these tattoos on a woman her age?

The Shamrock was done 2 years ago with our 2 other sisters....the leaves are outlined in the birthstone colors of the 4 sisters and the stem is outlined in our mom's birthstone color as she is the parent we all share (3 share 1 dad and my father is my mom's 1st husband). The name is her father's name and the day he was born and died--she had his exact signature tattoo on her.

This one she had done in March and it is on her right calf. It represents her 4 sons:

And this one (which is on her left calf) she had done 2 weeks ago. The butterflies are ribbons and the colors represent thyroid cancer awareness (teal, pink and purple), uterine cancer (teal) and breast cancer. She's a thyroid cancer survivor, her mother in law (RR) died from breast cancer and her grandmother (CC) died from uterince cancer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't think anything.... Tats are a personal decision, and shame on you for judging your sister.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:22 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Seriously? Talk about old fashioned. It's not like they're trashy tattoos. They all have significant meaning to her, so why are you judging her based on something that is her choice?
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 5:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm 47 and will soon be getting my first tattoo. It will be in a spot where only I and hubby will see it but I don't see anything wrong with anyone of legal age wanting to have one or two or 10!
    Anonymous

• I personally wouldn't get a tattoo,but it's a personal decision. If she was my sister I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen in public with her. She's still the same person.
    busymominmo

Answer by busymominmo at 5:33 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Thats your sister why should you care what she likes? You dont have them they are hers and they obviously mean somethng to her so why are you so ashamed of drawings on your blood? wow!!
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 5:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Honestly, I have 2 tattoos, and if I were your sister and you told me I had to cover up to go out with you, I'd tell you it won't be necessary because I wouldn't go out with you because you're too judgemental and frankly, demanding. You don't have any right to tell her she must cover up her body art, that she likes, because you don't approve. I'd be willing to bet you do something she doesn't approve of.

You don't like tattoos - fine, don't get any. No one's making you. But you can't tell her that she can't have them or that she needs to cover them up. You control yourself, you don't control anyone else.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:52 PM on May. 22, 2011

• i couldn't say i'm 28 now and one day will be 44 and i have tats all over.. to me it's your body do what you want with it... you may think your sister looks trashy but to her it's what she wants and what she has to live with not you... so i would just let it go it's really not a big deal... my mil is in her 40's and has a really bad ass tattoo on leg and i think it looks rockin, and is soon to have her other leg done, my mom and dad have matching tats to represents us kids and i think it's awesome and they are in there 50's... so let your sister be who she wants to be and worry more about your life and body.

lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 5:52 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think YOU need professional help to get over YOURissues!  You have posted this crap before.  Your sister is a grown woman and can live her life any way she pleases.  Those tattoos MEAN something personal to her, so pull the stick out of your arse and grow up!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:47 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I swear TO GOD that she does this all to purposely annoy me!

***********

I could understand you (though I didn't agree with you) until I saw you write that.

You are totally self absorbed if you think she gets tattoo's just to annoy you.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 7:52 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think all of those tats are pretty cool. I would have no probs being seen in public with those tats. They all mean something special to her, and that is HER way of expressing herself.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:44 PM on May. 22, 2011