Without bringing religion into it, why are you pro-Israel?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 5:23 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't answer this question for you... I am pro-Israel because I am a Christian. (I won't go into my whole stance. You don't care to "hear" it.) :)
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 5:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Pro-Israel, because starting off on an equal footing with Palestine, right after the Holocaust, the Israeli leaders/people set out to build what they were given into a thriving country that today is thriving. They did this in spite of repeated attacks, in spite of constant terrorism, and quite a bit of the world siding against them.

Palestine didn't bother. Within 24 hours of Israel saying thank you and getting to work, they denounced Israel and attacked it. They have put every penny they have been given into attacking another country instead of building their own. They allow their own people to live in squalor and danger because they want Israel to vanish.

Israel WANTED a country and made it happen. Palestine doesn't want Israel to exist, and has squandered everything trying to make their sick dream a reality.

Palestine needs to forget about Israel and get to work building the country ~ or keep doing without.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:33 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Israel is a stable ally in one of the world's most critical and volatile regions They have a liberal democracy similar to ours. We share common values. We also share the same enemies.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I never understood the argument that Israel is at fault because they have killed more people. To me that just means they are doing a better job in the war. That's what happens when you are at war, people die.
    Anonymous

• Because they have played by the rules, yet have been mercilessly attacked by those who don;t play by the rules!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Lorikeet, how is commiting terrorists acts, genocide and stealing land that doesn't belong to them 'playing by the rules'?
    IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) 12 minutes ago
    15718 Level 23 1 star Politics & Current Events 101

Been on the propaganda sites again, have ya?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Like I care what the UN says? they are as anti Israel as they are anti US.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• What Farmlady ^^^ said!!

bowing down

Can't wait to see the arguments against what she said!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:40 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Those changing borders are because when Israel was attacked, and defended itself, that is where the battle ended. You want to blame Israel because the Palestinians started something they couldn't finish?!?

Aside from that, almost any war necessitates printing new maps. Borders change. One side wins, one side loses. I gather it has never occurred to some of you that if Palestine had not attacked Israel that Israel would have left the borders alone. I don't fault them for not only driving an enemy out of their country, but shoving them to their knees to make sure they got the message. What part of 'knock it off' is so difficult for a Palestinian to comprehend?

Stay home. Build a house. Plant some veggies. Buy the kids some clothes that don't explode. Sheesh!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• What land did they "steal"?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:07 PM on May. 22, 2011