What can I eat or drink to help? adult content

my bowels move easier?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 5:25 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• Just check the fiber section of the grocery store. Different things work for different people.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 5:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• each individual is different.....you could try fiber, however, I have found that it just gives some people gas....I hear that activia yogurt stuff is good....you can always talk to your doctor too. You could cut back on dairy if you aren't on a diet restriction.....sometimes I hear bananas other times I hear NO lol. fruit helps....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:27 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Make sure you're drinking lots of water and getting enough fiber. Try taking a magnesium oxide capsule every nite before bed; perfectly safe (magnesium makes you go, think of Milk of Magnesia) and gets things moving quickly.
    Anonymous

• I don't eat that much dairy to begin with; and can't afford to purchase activia yogurt
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Lots and lots of water. If you don't normally drink it, a cup of coffee every few days can help, same with apple juice. Plenty of fiber-filled foods - whole grains, fresh produce are the best things. Activia is a joke and NOT worth the money, don't be sad you can't afford it. BUT, check into getting a good probiotic - it's not cheap (ours are about $25 for a 30 day supply), but it is good (powder-filled capsules that need to stay refrigerated are the best thing) and well worth the money.
    Anonymous

• If I drink anymore water I will float away--I drink several glasses a day and don't drink coffee but maybe 3 times a week
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on May. 22, 2011