Chores for Kids

Whats the one chore your kids dislike the most?
For my kids, it's the cat litter. We came up with one being born on an even day, the other on an odd day. So, if it's an even day, it's your day to do cat litter.
And opposit, For who has to take a shower first in the evening.
I like the even / odd days where chores are cocerned.
Do you have a trick as to who does what on - what days?

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 5:28 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Cleaning their rooms.
    They'll do any other chore I assign (usually enjoy them, too) but they refuse to clean their rooms and throw the biggest fit when it's time. And they don't even have a lot of stuff. They just like to throw what little stuff they have and all their clothes on the floor instead of just putting them back where they found them in the first place.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Mine hates laundry days, he has to put his own laundry away. we just do alternating days.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:30 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My sons never wanted to mow our yard. We have a large yard and they would have rather watched tv or gone over to a friend's house.
    pjackson01

Answer by pjackson01 at 5:38 PM on May. 22, 2011

• justanotherjen, are you talking about YOUR kids or MINE?

It is a HUGE battle of wills to get either of my kids to clean their rooms. It's usually just a matter of getting all their dirty laundry into the laundry room and putting their books back on their bookshelves, but it has literally taken weeks to get it done.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Right now, I have a 3.5 year old and 19 month old. My 3 year old still finds chores fun, like picking up toys because we jam to nursery rhymes when she cleans :)
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:32 PM on May. 22, 2011

• They hate ALL chores. Its unfortunate, but most of them have to stick with their particular chore until the younger ones get older (and taller).

Only my oldest is allowed to put the clean dishes away, because, she's tall. My son can't reach where the bowls/plates go, let alone where the cups go, and he has a tendency to put dirty silverware in with the clean stuff (he doesn't make sure its clean before putting it away, whereas my daughter checks EVERYTHING). And she's also the only one of the kids who's tall enough to get the wet clothing out of the washer and into the dryer, but she's not the only one who can get the clothes out of the dryer when it is time! But I prefer her to do it (if I can't get to it) because she remembers to clean out the lint trap.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:47 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I've tried alternating weeks. But of course everyone gets amnesia and I end up refereeing who's week it is. Now they have the same chore for a month then we discuss rotation once a month.
    IntuitiveMJ

Answer by IntuitiveMJ at 8:41 PM on May. 22, 2011