Reasons why my 9 day old newborn stopped...

sleeping for longer periods of time? She went from 3-4hr naps day and night to 30min-2hr naps. She woke up in 2hr intervals all last night, then switched to 30min-1hr naps today.

ours

Asked by ours at 5:44 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ask her dr.. i think shes ok.. my step son was the sameway.. hes fine.. but im sure asking a dr wouldnt hurt
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:54 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I looked it up and found that during 7-10 days old your baby might have a growth spurt and that could cause them to sleep less. I'm hoping this is what it is. We just keep trying to lay her back down if she's not showing signs of hunger, but within a half hour or so, she's back up. >:[
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 5:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Shes a newborn... She has no set schedule yet. :) get use to her switching and random sleep patterns...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• babies will let you know what they need she will sleep when she needs to and complain about food or being wet when she is uncomfortable stop worrying she is fine just a new baby :)
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 8:04 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My son was like that too, when he got home from hospital he can sleep for 3 or 4 hours after eating for the first 2 wks, then his nap getting shorter and shorter, now he's 6 months barely takes any nap, mayeb 30max and only 1 or 2 naps per day. That's normal waking up every 2 or 3 hours for feeding, hopefully it only last for a month or so. Make sure your baby is not congested, too cold/hot.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:01 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm fairly sure it was either just her tummy bothering her from gas, or a combination of that and a growth spurt. We bought some gas drops since the ones we had from my son were expired. Hopefully that helps, she already seems less bothered by her tummy, so we'll see! I hope she doesn't end up being the type to not nap much. My son looooved his naps as a baby and still sleep is a pretty big deal to him haha.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 12:29 AM on May. 23, 2011

• She's a newborn... generally that's the ONLY reason! Maddening, isn't it? Don't get used to a sleeping pattern, all through year one. It will change constantly.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:57 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Because she's a newborn, and they're unpredictable by nature.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:14 PM on May. 23, 2011