• In the Spotlight:

is it normal to be this tired?

i am six months pregnant almost to the day, most women talk about how much energy they have and hw much fun pregnancy is.. well i am miserable i went to bed at ten last night and did not get up until 3pm. now i am tired again... all i did was build a ginger bread how and drive my fiancee to work. is it normal to be tired and in pain all the time at six months?

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• pregnancy does different things to different women, and each pregnancy is different even for the same woman. I only remember having a ton of energy toward the end my my pregnancies. One of them even left me feeling lethargic most of the time. I would ask your ob doc if you are worried about it just to put your mind at ease, or see if taking your prenatals helps if you are not taking them, but honestly I would not worry.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• this may be a passing thing, but that is a lot of sleep for someone to get.

My feeling is that you are not being active enough, although maybe you are on bed rest.
    Is your nutrition and water intake okay?

I am just trying to think of some things that are causing the fatigue. Not sure what pain you are talking about though.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Nahh i was sleepie all through this pregnancy and around 5-6 months range it all caught up to me!

I dont know what u mean about PAIN?

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Have you told your doctor this? I ended up needing an iron infusion with this pregnancy - I was miserable and tired *all* the time. They referred me to a hematologist and sure enough my levels were ridiculously low. Just a few weeks after the iron I felt like a new woman. Some tiredness is normal, but not being able to function could be a sign of iron. Do you have any other symptoms? I would actually get short of breath and a racing heart from minor activity. Good luck Mom, I hope it works out for you.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2008