I am trying to get my 3-1/2 year old in preschool, but the only slot open is the afternoon. She is still taking a nap then, do I go ahead and enroll her and forego the nap?

I like the fact that she is still taking a nap, it benefits her attitude and personality I hate to forego it until she quits taking them.

ColoradoMom912

Asked by ColoradoMom912 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try to get her to nap so she wakes up in time to get her ready and off to school. no nap will cause problems at school - she wont focus because she is so busy trying to keep herself awake.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I agree with PP... rearrange your schedule so that she can still get that nap!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i work in preschool that has full time half time morning and afternoons. most 1/2 day preschool for the afternoons still offer nap and even if they don't 3 1/2 may be a good time to cut the nap off and maybe you can get her to bed earlier.
    heavensent423

Answer by heavensent423 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2008