How do I get my daughter to sleep in her room ....AT NIGHT! (7 months old)

My princess is 7 mo old and lately she wakes up screaming; she cries and screams...During the day I put her in her crib and she takes naps (2 -3 hours), she wakes up and stays there and plays; I can hear her talking to herself and making noises...But at night it is a different story.
Could she be afraid of the dark? We decided to let her cry, she cried for one hour straight and we went to get her, she did not get tired of crying and she nver stopped. We thought she was just being difficult.
Tonight (about 7pm) she took a nap and when she woke up she was screaming again...even with her room light on....I need some input please....

mamadetresbbg

Asked by mamadetresbbg at 9:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try putting a night light in her room she could be having bad dreams
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• night light. she's napping at 7pm? or you tried to put her to sleep and she woke up? maybe you need to shorten her naps... or cut one out.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• She could be having night terrors, it's very common at this age.
    Anonymous

• We were told while letting our daughter "cry it out" that we shouldn't just let her cry because she may get scared but that we needed to check on her every 15 minutes. They said let her cry for 15 minutes, then check on her, talk to her, but don't pick her up. Just let her know everythings ok and it's sleepy time. And as soon as she calms down again even if she's not completely done crying but calmer, then go ahead and leave the room. And then go back in after 15 minutes if she keeps crying and repeat the cycle until she stops crying. The first night it took us 45 minutes, but in about 3 days she was crying less than 5 minutes at bedtime. Good Luck. And you may want to give her a night light.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 10:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2008