Is CPS anonymous??

If I make a call to cps can I remain anonymous or will the family be able to find out who made the call??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 5:48 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can remain anonymous just tell them.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:53 PM on May. 22, 2011

• not to be a "bad talker" about the system our fine united states of america has but,it all depends on the state you live in and how far the people you report are going to go to find out who reported go.a friend of mine had her ex call cps on her like 5 months ago(we're in michigan)and not only did the the agent tell tracy who called but told her because tracy had the legal right to know under an apparent right to know act.i can't remember off hand the correct name of this act but my mother who worked in the family law system for over 22 years knows of it well.like i said.make 100% sure if you do this your accusations are real and not just because you or someone is upset.this really messes the family up as it does take a tremendous toll on the child.i've seen it first hand and it's not pretty.becareful and look into your states law before you do this because thee might be some retaliation.hope this helps.
    elzingah36

Answer by elzingah36 at 6:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Wow I didn't know that elzingah36! Guess people have to look up they're state laws before they call.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:30 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yes, you can ALWAYS remain anonymous!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:30 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Ideally you could remain anonymous. But like elzingah said there is some sort of 'right to know' act. Does CPS take information if the person refuses to identify themselves? Can you call and not give your name or give them some fictitious name? I'm wondering......

meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:30 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If you are worried then call from a pay phone away from your house and don't mention anything that will identify yourself.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 7:55 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If it is found a false accusation and the family sues CPS for bothering them AND IT HAS HAPPENED, they will know who called.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Everytime CPS has been called on me, I knew who it was. The SW told me and by the accusations that were made I knew who it was.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:55 PM on May. 22, 2011