How furious would you be?! and what would you do?!

My cousin has told me she would watch our kids while I am in the hospital having our third, and today she told me she is going on a "long weekend" and is leaving Wednesday. I'm seriously 39+ weeks pregnant right now. Are you effin kidding me?!

Turns out, my ENTIRE family...mother and sister included...are going on a long camping trip. Pretty much everyone but my father...and NOBODY is volunteering to either take the kids with them to the camping trip or forgo it for me. My own mother said "Oh no, if you deliver this weekend I'll miss getting to visit you in the hospital" because apparently she won't make that hour drive back for it!

I just can't imagine doing that to A SINGLE ONE OF THEM and it appears that they are all perfectly willing to do it to me.

The girlfriend I have close enough to watch the girls closes on her house on Friday and has a huge "work weekend" planned where her family is coming over to paint, BBQ, help her move in, etc...and that has been planned for weeks.

If I wasn't close enough to snapping on someone just for being this freakin pregnant, I'm ready to snap on someone now!

So WTF do I do?!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:49 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I had this similar thing happen to me..my dh cousin was going to watch them then she backed out two days before my csection and i had no family or anything finally my friends friend and her volenteered to watch my twins and after one day said she cannot do it no more so my huby had to go home and i was alone in the hospital for a day till i begged the doctor to let me go home a day before i was to leave and with my stitches still in!!! some times ppl suck and are extremely selfish..even blood and it sucks..sorry babe i hope you can find someone if we knew each other and were close i would watch them for you!!!
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 5:58 PM on May. 22, 2011

• WOW!!! I can't imagine that happening to me. I'm really sorry!!! Could you ask your mom and sister to take your kids with them? I hope you figure it out!!!
    busymominmo

Answer by busymominmo at 5:53 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I mentioned that the girls would probably like to go camping even if they didn't get to come up to the hospital, and you could have heard a pin drop on the other end of the line. Zero response.

I can predict my father coming up to the hospital and handling the girls while I'm delivering, and then my LP having to take our older kids back to the house for the night instead of staying with me.

I REALLY did not want extra stress at the moment. I'm trying to clean it up for the internet, but I sound like I have tourettes at the house right now.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 5:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would be beside myself mad that even my own Mother would be going at a time like this where you need some help & are stuck I just don't understand this.n Idk what you should unless you do ask them to take your child also camping, ridiculous, I would piping mad. Sorry ya have to worry about this I hope it all works out & GL & congrats to you.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:59 PM on May. 22, 2011

• may i add she called me right after they took my son out of my belly!!! and it was horrible something that shoould be so great and awesoe was horrible
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 6:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I am so sorry! That really suck! Sounds like something my mother would do....
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:04 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Omg. So I just got off the phone with my dad and was already crying and said "I really didn't need the extra stress right now" and his answer was "then I guess don't have any more kids".

WTF. We are both college educated, financially stable, have been together 14 years, take care of our own children, have never really asked for help from anyone with the exception of times like this...when I give birth can someone watch my kids overnight for a night...never for work, never for fun, and he is going to tell me not to have any more kids?!

I suppose if I give birth in prison for snapping on someone tonight, this will be a non issue.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 6:16 PM on May. 22, 2011

• A promise is a promise and you have a right to be a bitch at this point. And your mother I care if this was your 15th kid mama should always be there!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 6:20 PM on May. 22, 2011

• HOLY CRAP....I would be fuming at all of them..so you go ahead they all deserve it. I can't believe they would abandon you knowing you could deliver any moment. Your dad's response would have gotten my hand through the phone around his neck. Wish I could help you. Family sucks sometimes!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think you need to be direct:

"Mom. Please stay home this weekend in case I go into labor. I need you. Or please take the kids with you."
    Or to your friend: "I'm very concerned about you not being able to take the kids. You said you would, and now it's possibly too late to find alternate plans."

I'm not sure why your SO can't take care of them after the baby is born....
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 6:37 PM on May. 22, 2011