He tells the entire house that he should "kill himself" AFTER I just confided to him that my bipolar 12 yrs old was playing with a knife today?!!!

What should I do? My DD is bipolar and going through puberty. She also has epilepsy and has been having seizures again. Now, today she got so depressed I found her playing with my switch knife on my key chain in her room!! And I tell my SO this and he gets mad about me telling him to get off his ass and do something about his own depression - that I can't help him with it anymore so he goes around the house telling the other two and 12 yr old that "maybe I should kill MYSELF"!! WHAT the FUCK?!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• my hubbs does stupid stuff like that i tell him he's right, he should just go kill himself and stop being such a shiny bitch.-it's mean but when you hear it ALL the time it gets annoying especially when you have a special needs baby who needs your attention 24/7!
    Do what's best for your daughter and let him be a PMSing bastard.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 2:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• put your child FIRST and kick him to the curb is he her father ...imagine if she hears him and does not see you stick up for her and kills herself ...I have had 4 family members under 21 commit suicide and it was heartbreaking

Anonymous

• Leave him. My kids come first before anyone...and if he's gonna act like that...you NOR your kids need that shit.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• He is not her father - just going through his usual self centered phase. But right now, I HAVE TO take care of my DD and not him!! I can't do anymore for him than what I have. I am not a physician. I have been supportive, giving him advice, etc etc. But he WONT get help!! But My DD needs me and so I will take care of her.
    He is being such a bitch right now. I told him that if something happens that I will hold HIM responsible for what he said and YES she did hear it. I think the next county over heard it.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• If he can't help himself how are you supposed to help him. You have your children to worry about, and you should put them first.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I would take a time out and tell him leave for the night or go to her room and sleep with her hold her like you did when she was a baby let her know she is loved

Anonymous

• Take her to a doctor and tell him to go for it!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Thanks Anon 9:13. That's the best thing I have heard! I am crying right now from what you said. Thank you
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I am sorry I did not mean to make you cry I wish you luck and hope things get better....hugs.....

Anonymous

• IDK what to say other than I'm sorry you're going through this.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2008