Can somebody give me some advice?

My cat is sick. She acts like she has a sore throat, she has a cough. She's just laying around. When I pick her up she meows like she's in pain.
I really can't afford to get her to a Vet. Is there anything I can do to help her at home? I have cat vitamins that I've been giving her.

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 6:01 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Pets

• Is she eating and drinking?
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 6:07 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If you can't take her to the vet all you can do is comfort her until she feels better.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Not sure what to tell you. I have a cat at the vet right now for crystals and an obstructed bladder. If I had waited much longer to bring him in (brought him in yesterday/Sat morning as soon as they opened) he would have been too far gone. I can't really afford the $700 vet bill, just for the weekend boarding and care, but he's a part of my family and we'll make it work.

A lot of the symptoms you describe are what my furbaby was doing before I took him in.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:09 PM on May. 22, 2011

• She eats and drinks but not like she used to. She was a big pig before. Now she just nibbles...
    matthew9_22

Comment by matthew9_22 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It may just be a cold with aches and pains. Sorry i can't help you more :(
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 6:14 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Could it possibly be a hair ball? You can go to petmd.com, enter the symptoms and see what it finds. Good luck hun.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:25 AM on May. 23, 2011