Why is it when I am sitting or laying down I get up quickly and as I am standing I get this feeling like I am going to faint...well I see black for a few seconds? Then I am alright :/

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• It's called "orthostatic hypotension"--your body at rest doesn't need the same blood flow that it does when you get on your feet; anyone who gets up really fast can have this happen.
    (Ex-nurse)
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 6:40 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I had the same thing as a teenager. Low blood pressure. The doctor laughed and said to quit getting up so quickly. I followed his advice and it rarely ever happens now!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Blood Pressure issue? That is just a guess. You should check with your doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• How much water do you drink it's possible you are severely dehydrated. If it happens often you need to check with your doctor because there might be an underlying health issue
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 6:12 PM on May. 22, 2011

• could be blood pressure or low blood sugar you may want to ask your doctor about this
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:12 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Sounds like what happens to me when I am sick...for me, it is a sudden drop in blood pressure. My blood pressure is usually pretty low to start, but when I am sick, it must drop a little...I stand up, and I'm out on the floor.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Drop in blood pressure - it can be normal but will drop. Happens to me all the time - when you get up it drops suddenly, which causes you to get the faint/blackout feeling. Get up slower - you don't want to fall and go to the ER due to it like I"ve had to - not fun!
    Anonymous