Oppositional defiant disorder

Does your child have this?

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 6:11 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've only just very recently heard of this disorder. I just always assumed children that behaved like that were undisciplined, over-indulged, and spoiled. I should read a bit more about it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I thought that she may but they're actually thinking it may be Aspergers instead.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 6:29 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yes but you cannot label a child with it until they get passed preschool ages, around middle school.

Answer by gemgem at 6:35 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Aspergers is hard to diagnose in young Preschool age children & most doctors won't do that. My son is 8 & was just diagnosed with it. It's around the age 7 is when it gets easier to diagnose. You can check out www.yourlittleprofessor.com. It's a great site that will tell you all about Aspergers. As for any actual diagnosis I would not let them claim that just yet seeing as your chilid is so young. Hope the site helps
    Amysan2

Answer by Amysan2 at 6:52 PM on May. 22, 2011