Anyone have a child?

graduating this year? either from elementary school or high school or college? what are your plans of celebration?

please don't leave an answer just to get points I am trying to get ideas as to what people do as a celebration of their children graduating

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:17 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not high school but I have one graduating Kinder and one graduating elementary school. My dd has hers on the 9th and itll be over around noon so we plan to take her to lunch. The next day her brother graduates and comes for the summer. I plan to take both of them to my mils and were having a small get together, just family, and making them a graduation cake. I dont go too all out for these graduations. Now next year my son graduates high school and we are planning a huge celebration like one we have not had before lol.

Answer by gemgem at 6:32 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Our school only does a K graduation and a HS graduation.

Every year, I take my kids out for a celebratory dinner at Denny's or IHOP (been going to IHOP more lately...Denny's food is...lacking), and then take them to Toys R Us where they can pick out a toy $10-$20 each for doing such a great job throughout the school year and for completing their grade. But this is also not just for the graduations, this is for each kid who did a super job :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Most people with graduating high school seniors have 'house' parties. Our neice is graduating and they are having one for her. I've also attended several others for friends and get invited to more that i don't attend.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My son is graduating h.s. and we will have a big party!!! All the relatives! over 100 people!
    Anonymous

• My daughter is graduating Pre school tomorrow. I don't find it a big deal and was a little confused as to why all the hoopla over it....however, we have decided to have a mini graduation party for her at the end of the week, with little smoothie's WITH the umbrella's, a couple of her friends, and finger desserts. She is ecstatic and that is what counts.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:09 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My 5 year old is graduating Pre-K this week. We will take him Wednesday after school to Chuck e Cheese's because it's his favorite restaurant but he never gets to have a birthday party there because his birthday is on Christmas Day. We won't do a whole party, just us family will go and eat pizza and let him play games.

My 11 year old is graduating Elementary School this week also. I am going to surprise her with a party at Chili's right after school Thursday. Only a few of her friends will be there. I limited how many to invite because I didn't want her to find out the surprise. We will give her lots of gifts including books on surviving middle school and I'll present her with her 1st cell phone. Something I said she wasn't getting until the beginning of 6th grade year.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:16 PM on May. 22, 2011

• cool gemgem have a great time!!!
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on May. 22, 2011

• have fun meooma!!!
    Christmaslver68

• have fun with all the celebrations
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on May. 22, 2011