Sharp pain in the hip/ inner thigh area HELP

I get this really sharp pain whenever I stand. Its like right in the hip/inner thigh area and its been happing for the last couple of days. It only last secs but stops me in my tracks. Should I be worried? Im 35 weeks.

I made the mistake of googling it and I got a terrible answer that said it could be a blood clot.
I trust this site more then google. lol

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 6:20 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• feels like someone just stabbed you? or your going into labor? had it!!! the baby is standing/sitting on your cyatic nerve idk how to spell cyatic but thats it i can almost promise you
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 6:45 PM on May. 22, 2011

• A: A pinched sciatic nerve can be extremely painful. As the largest nerve in the body, running from your lower back, under your uterus, and down into your upper legs, it's no wonder that your developing baby may put pressure on the nerve. You may find that the pain comes and goes or that it's constant, especially as your pregnancy progresses.
    simple changes might also provide some relief. The American Pregnancy Association recommends the following:

Lie on the side of your body that's not in pain
    Avoid standing for long periods of time
    Don't lift heavy objects
    Try exercises that make you feel lighter, like swimming

I wouldn't hesitate to ask your healthcare provider for medication to ease the pain. Over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), won't harm your unborn baby and will help you feel more comfortable.
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 6:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It's called round ligament pain. The round ligaments hold and support your uterus in your abdomen. When they stretch suddenly it can fell like someone stabbed you right in your hip. I get them when I cough, sneeze, or stand up too fast. Totally normal, and only birth will make it go away.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:56 PM on May. 22, 2011