Am I the only one?

I really want to have more children. I have a 2 year old daughter right now. I'm so scared of having more kids because I don't know if I can handle it! I worry so much when my daughter gets sick that I get physically and emotionally exhausted and I don't know if I could handle that with 2 or more kids! Will I get over this?? Is this normal? Has anyone felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• when i got pregnant with my daughter i was like that shes my second and last it will pass
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My older two are a year and eight days apart and there's three yrs. between my middle and youngest. And yes, I went through the same thing and still do because it's rough sometimes when they're all sick at home at the same time. But like wendy232425 stated, it will pass. And I think that it's one of the things you have to prepare yourself when/if you have more than one child.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You said, "I really want to have more children. I have a 2 year old daughter right now. I'm so scared of having more kids because I don't know if I can handle it!"

I know how you feel!
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 5:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Then there is no reason to rush in to having another child. Why not wait a couple of years--like when your child is out of diapers and begins preschool or kindergarten--so you have a little time to focus on the younger one.

My children are 23 months apart, and it wasn't easy--on top of the fact that they are both Autistic--it has taken every ounce of my energy. Fortunately, my husband is my rock, and he is the reason I have been able to keep my head above water! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm the mother of a one, Having a baby is hard work but nobody has said what my friends who have several children have told me. It is different with the second or third. I know looking after other children has often been a blessing for me as much as a friend for my daughter because it's easier with two. Also the second child learns quickly because they have an the older child who shows them how the rules work. You have less anxiety because you know what youve let yourself in for but also they will not be alone when they go to school, when they go out to play and they are going to have a brother or a sister all their lives..that's great!
    roserosalind

Answer by roserosalind at 7:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2008