What should I think about him anymore?

We've been together for almost 2 years and we have an 8 month old. He treated me like crap when I was pregnant but got a lot better after she was born. We got into a fight because he didn't help me with her when I was sick and I was ready to leave him. He didn't know I was going to leave but he throws out that he hopes one day we'll get married. What am I suppose to think?

Babyduche

Asked by Babyduche at 12:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Talk to him! My hubby was a bit like that too. He just didn't know what to do. He felt like his part was done ("making" the baby) and he wasn't sure of a lot of things. It took us a while, but we figured things out.
    Just explain to him how you feel. Ask him to put himself into your shoes and try to understand where you're coming from. It took my hubby a while and we had more than 1 talk, but eventually he got it.
    Just hang in there. It seems like he really loves you :)
    Mommy2Riley

Answer by Mommy2Riley at 1:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Run!!
    Anonymous

• umm leave?
    Haydensmom326

Answer by Haydensmom326 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I recommend you, If you really love him, to sit down with him and have a conversation where you can tell him how much he has hurt you and how much you need him to be involved helping you with the baby. try to listen for what he has to say and keep this conversation without yelling and letting things get out of control. There is always therapy for couples that actually has helped some of my friends. Who knows maybe could be what you guys need. wish you the best,
    Jandy_chic

Answer by Jandy_chic at 1:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008