What do you typically do when your kids are driving you crazy?

I try to not let it get to me and when I feel overwhelmed and completely frustrated with them, I just take a deep breath and get down on the floor to play with them...I'm curious as to what other people do....

queen_tut

Asked by queen_tut at 12:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I take an extra long time going "to the bathroom" with the door locked to get a few minutes to clear my head.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I try to take a minute to remember that they are truly a blessing and what I would give to have them if I no longer had them.
    vanessa83

Answer by vanessa83 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I'm feeling your pain! I do try to get away for atleast an evening a week but for the next 3 weeks I'm on my own bc they're working. I can't talk on the phone, go to the bathroom or anything without somebody to help or screaming or whining.
    bamagirlnicnac

Answer by bamagirlnicnac at 1:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Eat someting sweet and go outside for a few min's.
    Allene29

Answer by Allene29 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I change activities, or put in a movie, or go outside, or take them for a walk, or hide in my bedroom (like right now) and check my e-mail. :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I go out to the yard and pick up dog poop. :)
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 4:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• it's a cop out, but I'm not young like I was the first time around, I put on the TV. If it is on they will sit like vegatables for however long you leave it on. This is why they are normally allowed no more than 2 hrs of TV a day. But somdays..it is a saving grace. Esp when they are wired up and it's raining.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I take five
    smilingontime

Answer by smilingontime at 7:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I go in the bathroom and lock the door... LOL I try and give them small tasks to do. That way I dont feel so overwhelmed with the tasks that I have to complete while I am at home with the kids. One takes out the trash, another picks up toys, and yet another picks up dirty clothes. My children know how to switch laundry and sweep the floors. I just put them to work for a few minutes, and when we are done, we need a break together and we watch a movie or something.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I tried hiding in the bathroom, but they stood outside beating on the door. So I started putting up the baby gate in the hallway then laying down in my bed. I usually just give myself a time-out or I call my sister and have a bitch session. By then I am calmed down and can take on the monster squad again! LOL
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 2:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2008