Do you meditate? If so, how often and what type (breath, mantra, walking, BPI, etc.)?

I found meditation about 15 years ago and used a version of it while giving birth both times with no medication. As I was healing from post partum depression, I delved in deeper and got some instruction. Lowered stress, blood pressure and created clear thinking and more life purpose clarity. Meditation has literally saved my life and changed me for the better. Can anyone else relate?

IntuitiveMJ

Asked by IntuitiveMJ at 6:53 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• No I can't. But it sounds really helpful. Who does a person go to in order to learn it.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 7:04 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I have been slack on my meditating and REALLY need to get back into it. I miss it.

I like to sit with an rotating fan blowing on me to simulate the wind coming off the ocean and then I picture the ocean ... well, I start with an empty beach and create the waves coming in. I begin to make the waves match my breathing. Eventually, I allow the waves to carry the stress, problems, whatever out to sea.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:12 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Seaside, what do you mean you can't? Do you mean you've tried unsuccessfully? Does your mind race and chatter like crazy? The meditation "muscle" is like going to the gym...it takes a little practice. Our ego continues to chatter to keep us distracted from peace so it can continue to crazy-make in our lives. I started with some instructional cd's and later got more one on one with instructors later.
    IntuitiveMJ

Comment by IntuitiveMJ (original poster) at 7:16 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Oooh Spirited, that sounds so relaxing and refreshing! I know, the more tools we have, we often forget to use them when we need them most huh? LOL
    IntuitiveMJ

Comment by IntuitiveMJ (original poster) at 7:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Very true Intuitive, very true.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:25 PM on May. 22, 2011