Who has had a c-section?

Im due for my 2nd c-section soon and im still kinda scared.

Does anyone else get scared?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 6:53 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I will most likely have to have another c sec. I am not really scared cause my first one went well. Are you afraid because your first one didn't go too well?
    LT70

Answer by LT70 at 6:55 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It will be a little harder and take a little longer for the docs to reach the baby because of scar tissue.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yeah, I went into labor at 33 weeks and the whole thing was just scary
    Augusta

Comment by Augusta (original poster) at 6:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I've had 5. I was nervous with each one but not really scared.
    And my 5th was the quickest and easiest of them all. They were in and out and did a tubal in less than 30 minutes with stapling up and everything. It took the longest just to get the baby out (with a vacuum and the nurse jumping on me).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:58 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Wow 5?! Yeah, im a wimpy person who faints at blood.
    Augusta

Comment by Augusta (original poster) at 7:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I had 1 with my fiist son but then the other 3 were vbac....it's normal to be scared though. Good luck!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:01 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I had 3 c-sections. Yeah, of course one gets a little nervous. It is major surgery. But, it's the only major surgery you get something AWESOME from! No other one can you leave with a beautiful new baby. Best wishes to you, hope all goes well for you and your little one!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• It's normal to be nervous.
    I had 2, & there was only a length of time diff coz my first was moved up so he could do me on his lunch hour from the ofc, or I would have had to wait til what turned out to be 10 hrs later! (I was sched coz I had a breech, but the doc was covering the laboring moms at another hosp as well.)
    So, if you had the 1st one after hrs of laboring & then a mad rush to get the babe out, be assured it's not so nerve-wracking w/ a repeat. They will go thru things w/ you about what they are doing to reassure you, & your DH can be w/ you most likely for nearly the entire thing.
    The recovery after a sched instead of emerg C/S is much easier too!
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 7:07 PM on May. 22, 2011

• yes....every pregnancy is different... I had three c-section and my last one hurted I guess since I gotten tubes tied too at the same time...
    Just as long you follow doctor order you will be okay...
    SANTONIA616

Answer by SANTONIA616 at 7:20 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I've had three. The second was easier than the first becuase the first was an emergency. The second, I also knew what to expect. For me the third was the easiest recovery, but the second wasn't too bad. Good luck. Try not to worry. It will be okay!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:22 PM on May. 22, 2011