What is a compliment to me or was he a creepy guy saying my child was cute and i should report it?

I been thinking about this alot today because something stranged happened this morning and just can;t get it out of my head. i was outside in my drive way and i was putting my 2yr old daughter in the carseat to take her to her grandparents and this white pickup truck with two men pulled up at the end of the driveway...this is what the man said to me so i not sure if it was a creepy guy or just a compliment ofr me.

man: are you the mom?
me:yes i am
man:why is the little girl so cute because of the mom or the dad?
me: i would hope from the mom
man: have a good day

the truck drove off

i don;t know if i said thank you or what it was early in the morning and i went to work.
i did not tell my parents.

what do you think?

i live in a development so random people can't just come in but there are alot of people renting and builders ect in here all the time.

what is everyones opinion?
i did not tell security

i told the lady at work and said to becareful and to tell security but not its all i been thinking about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that you were being hit on and it had nothing to do with the little girl.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:11 PM on May. 22, 2011

• that is what i think but i don't know at 9am in the morning and when you have a small child it makes you wonder stuff.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If you got a weird vibe from the guy, keep your head up.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:13 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I was there, but that just sounds creepy. I wouldn't be paranoid, but I would be watchful.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:15 PM on May. 22, 2011

• *wasN'T
    SpiritedWitch

• I think it would be wise to report it to security--he could be just weird, or he could be a menace: who can tell?
    He might have been hitting on you or trying to put you down or something else--hard to figure! Security might have an inkling who this person is by the description of the truck. I think they should know to keep a look-out for him, just in case, & you would have the reassurance that they are on the alert. Also, did you tell her father? He should know, too.
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 7:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Trust your instincts. Can't hurt to be overly-cautious.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:20 PM on May. 22, 2011

• well, i just felt it was odd. i been here for 30yrs...i use to come up here with parents ect its just a new place. its just odd. and i know there are alot of creepy people just in general in the world. i will be very watchful of her. well she is not out of my site. not even her i am afraid of what about me. i a single mother living with a small child. just have to worry sometimes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:22 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Maybe he was trying to find out if there is a man in your house because he wants to do something criminal (rob you or worse). I'd definitely report it to security.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:22 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I read this to my husband and he said 'She shouldn't talk to him. She just got cased!'
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:23 PM on May. 22, 2011