Outdoor birthday party

My daughter is turning 4 in July and I am planning an outdoor bbq party with tons of fun.
I am unsure about 2 things..

1. I am planning to have the party in the driveway. I am doing it at my parents home and they have a really long and big nicely paved driveway and I am planning on bbq'ing there, small pools and water slide.. Also have a short magic show and tables and games. so my question, would it look like tacky on the driveway? I dont want it in the back yard but if I must I would do there...

2. Should the cake be indoors or outdoors?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 7:13 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We once did a party in the driveway. It was great. If you can keep the whole thing outside, do it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:27 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My only concern with the driveway would be the additional heat it will be putting off, and lil ones falling and skinning hands and knees on it. The back yard seems much more comfortable, but you know better than me. And cake inside for sure, it would melt otherwise I think. Maybe you could do the singing and cutting inside, and the kids could take their piece outside to eat in the grass.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 7:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• think it would be ok in the drive way, not tacky, if you are planning everything else outside, do the cake there too.

Answer by older at 7:15 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think in the driveway is fine and also cake should be fine outside if just bring out before hand if hot so icing would be okay and also if out and will not eat forawhile just make sure covered to keep the bugs off the cake.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• The driveway seems fine to me. I would keep the cake inside and bring it outside just before cutting it so that the frosting won't melt.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:50 PM on May. 22, 2011