Over the counter meds for yeast infection adult content

Does the over the counter medicine for yeast infection get rid of the infection and is it safe to use while pregnant. I've never had a yeast infection before but my down there area is bright red and it burns my mom said due to my changing hormones it probably is a yeast infection. please help me i don't want to do the wrong thing. (period is just late no positive yet I'm too scared and excited haha)

nandy90

Asked by nandy90 at 7:42 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• If your not sure its a yeast infection u need to talk to your doctor.. and if it is.. yes over the counter is safe but they want u to use the 7 day one
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• thanks :) i plan on seeing a doc but first i just need the pain to stop i think u can get test strips for it over the counter too
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Get checked out to make sure it is a yeast infection. Your doctor will be able to advise you what you can use. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 7:46 PM on May. 22, 2011

• the test strips will tell u if you have a yeast infection.. and if so use the 7 day and u should be fine :) yw
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:47 PM on May. 22, 2011