Spank or not to spank?

what are your disciplining techniques for your toddler/preschooler.

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 7:46 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• We don't spank. We use time out.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My kids are now full grown adults, and never did I spank any of my three, I do not believe it works and it only creates fear, and they might stop doing whatever it is their doing but, they won't understand why, they will only stop it out of fear. You can better teach a lesson with logic and consequences, not necessarily fear.

Answer by older at 7:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We tried everything, spanking works for us. She has to do something pretty bad to get spanked though, and then it is explained to her what she did wrong and why she is getting spanked...and then we always make sure to hug her and tell her we love her afterwards...the point of spanking in our household is to teach her whatever it was she did was not acceptable, without teaching her to be scared of us....so far it works for her, when it stops working we will figure something else out, our youngest son, we have to get creative...the middle son was spanked but now he gets grounded.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:54 PM on May. 22, 2011