What do you think of potty training two kids at the same time adult content

O.k here is my issue, my soon do be 4 year old is not potty trained he will 4 next month but we have had alot going on. We started potty training around 18 months but then I had a baby and we had to back off, I tried when he was 2 and 1/2 but he was in daycarand was afraid of thier tolits and wouldn't use one at home either. Then we moved he will sit on the tolite when i tell him but dosn't go on his own now my other boy will be two in july and this summer i wanted to start working with him. I also figured sibling riveraly will kick my older one into gear. He is still in pull ups but i was going to have him run around in either underware or bare bottemed this summer. At this point we have tried everything with him sticker charts, candy, money underware, went back to pull ups when got sick of scraping poop everyday out of underware. He still won't poo in the potty at all. Any potty train advice appreiated and espellialy on potty traing two kids together

BTW my 2nd boy is showing readyness signs, when i tell the older one to go my little one says i potty i potty, he can tell me when he is poopy, can take off his clothes, which does with a lot of enthuriasm.

Codragonfly

Asked by Codragonfly at 7:47 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was in the same situation with my DDs. It was a matter of sibling rivalry for the most part. Good luck
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 7:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• at 4 years old he is def ready and his body knows when he needs to go to the bathroom so the sibling rivalry will def help and also at my daycare we make the kids sit on the potty every 2 hours and give them marsh mellows if they turn the water yellow
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 7:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My oldest 2 are 16 months apart. #1 struggled with potty training, and when she turned 3 we really kicked it into high gear. #2 was close enough to being 2 years old, so she knew what was going on. While we worked with #1, #2 watched and learned, and asked to wear panties during the day too - and then one night after her bath she couldn't find a pullup and asked to wear a panty to bed - threw a fit when we said diaper. She wore a panty that night and we never looked back - #1 was done shortly after that. #2 was the only one to never have any accidents either. I see nothing wrong with training them at the same time - but get rid of the pullups, they are detrimental to learning, they're just a glorified diaper.
    Anonymous

• I potty trained my 2nd and 3rd at the same time - he was 3 and she was almost 2. It was easier because they each wanted mommy to cheer for them!

Answer by missanc at 9:12 PM on May. 22, 2011