What's the best drank out there for someone wanting to diet?

I drink lots of coffee in the morning and diet mountain dews in the afternoons. Is there any diet drink out there that could help me?

pjackson01

Asked by pjackson01 at 7:55 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• water...it's the cheapest and your body needs it most anyways.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• water is the best thing. I put lemon in mine to give it a little flavor.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• What do you put in your coffee? If you like it like I do, sweet, drink less of it, cut out the diet mt dews, even though there's no calories, it's not good for you - there's studies that show that diet soda can actually prevent you from losing weight and drink lots of water...I drink 2 cups of coffee a day made w/ skim milk no sugar, about 4 oz of OJ and water for the rest of the day.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I have had nothing but water to drink since I started my quest to be healthier. I can tell you that I don't feel the urge to eat as much as I used to. Water has been great!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• water. i put crystal light in mine.
    londonsmommy200

Answer by londonsmommy200 at 8:01 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Water with citrus squeezed into it.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:03 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Tea. lower caffeine than coffee, healthy riboflavins, no sugars or fats . i do add milk to mine though.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:53 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Water, water and more water!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Water, but if you want flavor you can add crystal light to it, I use a packet for 3 bottles because a whole packet in one bottle of water is too strong for my taste.
    musicspeak4me

Answer by musicspeak4me at 1:10 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I agree, water is the way to go. Cut out the diet soda. Not only are there bizarre chemicals your body doesn't know what to do with in there, but the sweetness keeps you craving sweets. The sugary taste gives you an insulin release, which sends your blood sugar down, and leaves you craving sugar in order to bind up all that insulin. You really need to eliminate it from your diet. Coffee with a little nonfat milk and Stevia or Splenda is okay, just limit it to 1-2 cups per day. Try not to consume your calories through beverages. Diet soda is not much better for you than regular. It also damages your teeth. Stick to water, maybe squeeze some citrus or add cucumber to it. Buy a filtered container you can stick in the fridge and buy bottles you can reuse. I carry a Camelbak water bottle with me everywhere I go. Much cheaper and better than bottled water.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:12 AM on May. 23, 2011