Could my good deeds possibly end up back firing?

Here's the deal. I'm 25 and my sister is 18 about to graduate HS, our mom is about to be 40 years old. I have my husband and we have 2 kids (7 and 4)

My hubby sacraficed everything, worked his butt off so that I could go to college, I got my BS when I was 21, and I started working for a great company who then paid me to get my MS and I make a pretty good living, my Hubby basically does not have to work, but choses to be an entreprenuer.

So we are self made hard working people, no handouts came to us.
My sister is like another child to me, we were all each other had for a while. I am thinking of helping her pay her way thru college so she doesn't have to work full time, but maybe just part time. I also am considering getting her a car but hubby said no, maybe just pay for a bike and public transportation. He said I am going to spoil her and all the college will end up meaning nothing.

At the same token hubby has 3bros and 2 sis. 1 sis has a chrmisomal deff. so we are eventually expecting that we are going to have to pay for her to have 24/7 care. She is with the adoptive mom right now, but she is getting pretty old. His brothers are ages 25,29,19. 29yr old barely makes it, 25yr old didnt finish college and lost focus and is also struggling, and 19yr old is finding himself. They lost their mom when my hubs was 11 so they all did soul searching at one point or another. the other sis is 21 and is a hooker, not really but basically is.
I dont feel the need to help any of them? should I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• oh and I realize I have 2 parts, but I was trying to put as much info as possible
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• She's your sister and you work....if you are sure you want to HELP pay for college, you and hubby should come to some kind of agreement, to where she has to pay so much a semester and then you pay the rest....but go semester by semester.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• That sounds like a good idea. I think I will do it as a contract, like a business/college contract.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 PM on May. 22, 2011