Toddler moving to big kid bed

How old was your toddler when they moved to a big kid bed? Did you go twin or full-sized? How long did it affect their sleep (i.e. getting out of bed, etc.)??

Thanks!

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 8:04 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We moved my oldest to a toddler bed when he was 2 because we needed the crib for DD. He didn't try the get out of bed thing until he was 3-3.5 or so.

DD stayed in the crib until she was 4 because we didn't have room for 2 beds in their room. At 4 & 6 they were finally old enough to move into their own rooms in the basement. Neither kid had any adjustment issues going into a single sized bed.

DS2 was 3 when we moved him to his own single bed. Never a sleep issue with this one.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• oldest went to twin bed at age 2.5. Youngest went at 20 months becasue he was climbing out of the crib. Both boys were told to come get us in the morning and most of the time they did. They both stayed put once in bed................went to sleep very easily
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My DS turned 1 last week, and I just moved him to a twin bed. My kids got bunk beds, so he is on the bottom. I tossed the crib 2 mos ago, for he HATED it, so he has been in between DH and I - ugh!! Anyway, he has slept the past two nights in the bed, and it has been great. He has a LOT more room too, and only woke ONCE the past two nights. When next to me he'd wake 3 to 4 times. So far so good with the bed. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• At age 2 because I was having another baby and needed the crib. We put it on the floor and used a guard rail. Worked well.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:15 PM on May. 25, 2011