Has anyone figured out how to extreme coupon? If so, give some tips.

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 8:11 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go to Hip2Save.com and/or CouponMom.com. You will learn all you need to know on these sites!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:16 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I watch Extreme Couponers every week hoping to get some clues/hints in an attempt to get started and I get nothing from it. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:18 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I've been doing pretty well lately...inspired by the tv show. It's a full time job though. I go through the circulars, add ecoupons to my grocery store loyalty card and clip manufacturer coupons...this week I saved $50 off of $125...it's a start but I want to be like those ladies. The key is to use a coupon when the item is on sale. So it really takes time to stockpile the coupons and you must spend the time to search the store mailers for their deals if you are going to pay a coupon clipping service. the stores here don't allow more than one manufacturer coupon and you can't combine that with an ecoupon here. It's a real challenge...and I want to win!! LOL It's nice to see that register tape go down too!
    IntuitiveMJ

Answer by IntuitiveMJ at 8:32 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Their is a tv show on TLc about couponing.But you have to know the stores rules with coupons .
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 9:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• The biggest trick is finding store that doubles coupons, even if they only double up to 1.00. Then you use a manufacturer coupon which doubles, a store coupon, combined with a sale and you have the gist.

Those women really create unrealistic expectations though. Some have thousands of inserts (one said they were from God) and others buy coupons which how much does that cost? One woman may have committed coupon fraud during the show.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 3:51 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I must admit..I love watching the show..."Extreme Couponing" but I must also say, it is not for me...the couponing. I think these women get off on the "rush" of it all. AND...it's ALOT of work!!! These women who do it like that spend 40 to 60 hours a week doing this!! So really, this is their job...and who on earth has all that space to store 50 million bottles of detergent..LOL!!! It is a great concept, but for me, way too much work, and not something I want to consume myself with. I am fine with saving $10 with coupons with no effort at all :0)
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 6:22 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm just starting to coupon, but it's nowhere in the realm of the ladies from the TV show! The stores down here don't double or triple coupons, so I'm just pretty basic about it. I have my grocery list for the week. I search for coupons from the newspapers or online and just go with it. I don't have the time they do to spend the entire day clipping coupons and searching for them! But, I sure wish I could save the way they do!
    jalvarez626

Answer by jalvarez626 at 3:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Try frugalday.com weusecoupons.com freesamplefreak.com misscoupondiva.com  I coupon and have done an amazing job at it! There are no stores in my City that doubles coupons or really stack them. I am able to to get stuff for free or under a buck! I use inserts only and get GREAT deals!

examples here:

32.21 was the total for this trip after coupons it was 7.07!

This trip was 26.01 I paid 6.11

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:24 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It takes maybe 2 hours a week to get coupons together and my lists ready. I mostly stick with non food items unless I find the kind we do eat!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:26 PM on May. 23, 2011