Being a young mom,how did u handle it? adult content

I got pregnant at 18 i was glad that i had grad high school bc that would of been so hard i had my little girl at 19 she was born on sept 2,2008 i had worked as a cashier at a seafood rest for a while..I had to live with my grandma bc my mom was upset with the fact that i was preg.Then i got preg. again for a lil boy at 21 & i was 22 when i had him april 22,2011..i was a single mom when i had my little girl at first it was hard,i did have a bf when she was 2mth he helped alot but he wasnt her dad now almost 3yr later i ended up marrying him & had our first baby together!

How did u handle being a teen mom?

Chelhaidax

Asked by Chelhaidax at 8:11 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• my best friends mom has been with the same guy since age of 16 they had jessica when they were 16 jennifer (my friend at 18) then lindsy at age 27 then rylee at 37 and she is now 11 months and i can't believe they are still together i find that is so great that dads will step up and take responsibility at that young of an age i hope my boyfriend will be that way when i tell him i am pregnant
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 10:16 PM on May. 22, 2011

• i had my DD at 19. I just handled it. I did what i had to do & i did it well. she is almost 10 & is a very sweet, nice young lady/ Just love them all you can & enjoy the time you have with them. You'll miss it when they're my DD's age & all of a sudden "too cool" for you...

These young ages fly by....enjoy it the best way you know how because you will miss it one day. Smile & be grateful that you have two beautiful kids. Your love for them will always pull you through.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:14 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Just so u know,a dad is someone who is there for your little girl and loves her and cares for her. It is not about who the sperm donor was!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• i had my daughter at 19 but i was married i actually had her a week before my 20th bday!! i had no problem being a young mother but then again i was in the military n so is my husband so we were stable n had a place to live!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:40 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Thank you thats was sweet!& yes ma'am i am very thankful & blessed
    Chelhaidax

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) at 8:16 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I have a similar story...i got prego with my daughter at 19 and my son at 21. My kids are 15mths apart. Only difference for me was I was in the Navy...and married. But soon after my son was born we got divorced and I moved back to my home town (still in the Navy) and now Im with the love of my life and have been for 3 years. Being a young mom was (is) tough but I wouldnt trade how things happened for anything.
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 8:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Good for you k.raine..I am glad everything worked out for u & ur kids!
    Chelhaidax

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) at 8:25 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I was 16 when I had my son... I quit school got my G.E.D started college got a degree had my daughter at 19 having another GIRL and I am 22... I dealt with life and handled what I had to handle! Been with my kids dad since I was 16 and married in when I was 10 love of my life and he is a GREAT dad wouldn't have done it any other way

mykids060911

Answer by mykids060911 at 8:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• So glad! Beautiful family! Your lucky to having a wonderful husband/father for u & your kids that stuck by you bc usually at that age of having kids they leave or something happens..U or blessed!
    Chelhaidax

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) at 8:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yes ma'am i agree dancer..my husband has took the responsiblity of being my little girls father figure, &as of march of this yr he had adopted her..He is great!
    Chelhaidax

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) at 8:58 PM on May. 22, 2011