If you spank do allow your parents or Inlaws to

spank

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• no one touches my kids and i make that crystal clear. if my kids do somethings when i am not around , let me know and i will handle them accordingly. my parents and in laws know what time it is when it comes to MY KID.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• No ... but we don't let the kids know that.
    Anonymous

• generally speaking I would say no - nobody but my husband or I would ever be allowed to use this level of discipline and we would use it very sparingly.

However, if my kids were away for a while (like staying out of state with grandma for a week's vacation) it would depend on the situation. I would expect the grandparent to call me, and it would have to be a very serious offense.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 8:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I don't spank. And, if my inlaws ever tried to lay a hand on my child, that would be the last time they would be seeing them. No way, man.

Even if I did spank, I would find that kind of thing completely unnacceptable.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:29 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Not really. My MIL would lightly pop a hand if it was heading for trouble after a warning. I am okay with that. Small children gain nothing from delayed reactions.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:39 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I do not spank and I would never allow anyone to put a hand on my child(ren).
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 8:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• No. I look after disciplining my daughters , no-one else . If they misbehave at school or anywhere else, I expect to be told about it and I deal with it , by spanking if it warrants it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:45 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yes I spank and no no one but DH and I are allowed to, it is a last resort to spank our kids and we don't want either side touching our kids.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:57 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Hell no no one touches my son other than me and his dad. But on the other hand my mom is not that kind of person specially if its not her kid. All she does is talk to my son seriously and tell him no. As for my MIL...if she ever put a hand on my son I would flip on her...but she has never taken care of him so it's all good...
    Babygirl760468

Answer by Babygirl760468 at 12:26 AM on May. 23, 2011

• just me and my parents are allowed to spank our children. My SO and his parents are involved in our lives

timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 11:47 AM on May. 23, 2011