HELP!!! non custodial parent Kept child!!!! we're trying not to totally freak out!!!!!

My SD non-custodial mother didn't return her today what course of action should we take we already called the lawyer and he said come in in the morning what should we do now? what should we ask the lawyer to do ? I'm trying to find out so I'll ask the right questions in the morning and be prepared my DH is very upset but is handling it well !!!

traren

Asked by traren at 8:24 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you have not been able to get in contact w/ your sd or her mother, then I would call the police. Also, w/out knowing whether or not you feel your sd is safe w/ her mother, plays into how serious this gets. If it's just some stupid game on her part, then your lawyer is prob. right, it will have to wait until tomorrow. God, I hate when people use their children as pawns. I hope all works out ok for you. GL! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:31 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Call the cops and see what they can do for you GL
    mykids060911

Answer by mykids060911 at 8:25 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I thought it was a crime to not return the child to the custodial parent. Call the police.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• call the cops so can issue an amber alert.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 8:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree that you should call the cops.

Good luck!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:27 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If there has been no contact and you cannot reach her, I would call the local police and file kidnapping charges.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:27 PM on May. 22, 2011

• definitely call the police.
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 8:30 PM on May. 22, 2011

• you are technically supposed to call the police. my friend's lawyer told her that is what she's supposed to do if her ex ever pulls that crap.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:34 PM on May. 22, 2011

• She's going to be in a heap of trouble. Call the cops and tell them what she said.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:40 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope it turns out well.

Did you try calling the mother to ask what's happened? Is it possible that this is just a misunderstanding or she is tied up in a family emergency? I hope there is a good explanation to put you at ease.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 8:26 PM on May. 22, 2011