Best bottle for GERD?

I went bottle shopping yesterday and bought Dr. Brown's bottles for my little 2 month old that has horrible GERD. They are a pain in the butt though! Do they really help babies with GERD a lot? Because if they don't I'd rather have a bottle that doesn't take that long to clean!! Other mom's that have babies with GERD.....what have you used and how has it worked? Thanks all..

MandyAshley

Asked by MandyAshley at 12:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi! My son had GERD too, and we tried the Dr. Browns, and I agree...they are a huge pain in the butt! We then switched to the Soothie Bottles and he did just as well with them and they are great. Plus, they come in smaller, 4oz size, plus the larger 8oz. They are great for travel!! http://squishycash.com/members/register.php?ref=stacyprince
    workathome101

Answer by workathome101 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My daughter has it too and we noticed a big difference after switching to Dr. Browns. Also don't let him lay flat for at least 20 minutes after his bottle. That helped our daughter a lot. She is 8 months tomorrow and still on medication as well - but hang in there, it does get better. :)
    Anonymous

• You can put all of those Dr Brown's bottle parts in the dishwasher! Just make sure you rinse them right after you're done so that they don't get "gunky" and then put them in that little basket in your dishwasher. Piece of cake!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My DD had reflux. Her doctor told us to use the Playtex Drop-ins.
    I tried several others - playtex vent-aire, dr. browns amoung them - but the Drop-ins caused the least amount of spit-up and screaming for her.
    They're not very expensive, easy to clean, and the drop-ins can even be washed with a bottle brush and reused if you want.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My son has really bad acid reflux....and the other poster is right. These bottles rock. I've tried them all, even Podee....he hated it. I don't see why people complain about them but YES if you rise them immediately or within a few hours they don't get gunked up.
    musik32

Answer by musik32 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008